Did you know Alstede Farms has a separate Farm Stand closer to Mendham? Opening THIS WEEKEND (April 24th) this additional location allows you to shop for all the same local farm fresh produce in person (or online!) and pick up little closer to home. When shopping online, just select Farm Stand pickup at checkout – it’s easy peasy. Did you also know, starting April 27th you can pick up your CSA Share at the Farm Stand too! And when it comes to options – Alstede’s CSA Program has them all – even convenient share size options for families of any size! Read the top 10 reasons below on why you should choose Alstede’s CSA Program this year.
10 Reasons why you should choose Alstede Farms CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Program:
1. Customize Your Weekly Share – All of our members are able to fully customize their shares every week! Using specialized technology, you are able to set up your produce preferences and each week you will have option to add items, swap items, and remove items from your box! This helps you reduce waste and get the most out of your CSA experience.
2. More variety than any other CSA! Seasonal, homegrown, sustainable and certified organic items – Over 250 different varieties of non-GMO fruits and vegetables are grown utilizing water and soil conservation methods, and integrated pest management. A portion of our farm is certified organic by the USDA and those crops are proudly listed as certified organic.
3. Experience more fresh fruit – Your freshly inspired vegetables will never be lonely with the accompanying fruit grown on our farm including berries and many varieties of tree fruit starting with strawberries and continuing with blueberries, peaches, plums, pears, nectarines, apples, and more! Our membership includes the most homegrown fruit in Northern New Jersey
4. Grown in New Jersey – Did you know that the average distance each piece of produce travels to reach a grocery store is 1500 miles? With a Freshly Inspired Harvest Membership, the average distance our produce travels is about 31 miles. When you eat locally, not only does your food have more nutrients, but it also benefits the environment.
5. Longest Farm Share Membership in the Area – Our main Farm Share begins at the end of April and continues through the month of November for a total of thirty-one (31) weeks. If you add on the Holiday Harvest Share and Winter Grocery Share, you can be eating farm fresh for most of the year. If 31 weeks is too long, we also offer memberships that are twenty (20) and ten (10) week memberships through the main harvest season.
6. Onsite expertise – Your membership lets you spend time with our on-site expert Jennifer Borealo, who’s ready to give you fresh ideas and advice and help you live freshly inspired. Members receive recipes curated by Jenn each week, and can email and discuss their share contents and recipe ideas throughout the season.
7. How-to wisdom in each box – Learn about what’s in the box, along with nutrition and dietary information, recipe ideas, and tips for care and storage all packaged in one newsletter in your box, AND NEW THIS SEASON- weekly recipes and storage tips emailed directly to you each week to help you meal prep for the week!
8. Seasonal and Farm Store Surprises – You have access to a variety of seasonal, locally grown products—such as cranberries in the fall, locally raised turkeys, Christmas trees, and fresh-pressed apple cider from our own orchard and cider mill!
9. Free family admissions so you can “pick your own” – Come back again and again to our fields and orchards, all year!
10. Option to pack your own box – Some like their boxes packed for them, both for convenience and for the surprise of receiving new, fresh ideas. Others find ultimate satisfaction in taking the time to pack their own boxes. The choice is yours, if you’d like to pack your own share at our farm store in Chester, we are happy to help!
*Enter code MENDHAMMOMS at the CSA checkout page, to receive $25 off any CSA program you sign up for! (code valid until Sunday, May 2nd and you must select the Farm Stand as your CSA share pick up location).
- Average 25-30 lbs. of produce each week.
- Perfect for a larger family or a smaller family looking to try new things and get the most variety that we have to offer. Full Share members will often receive our more unusual or limited-quantity items in their shares throughout the season.
- Average 12-15 lbs. of produce each week.
- Our most popular share size! More variety than our personal share size, and more bang for your buck!