School is in session and the Respiratory Season is upon us. Children are back inside the classroom without masks or separation, but COVID-19 is still here. In addition, we’re also seeing an increase in influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, rhinovirus, and adenovirus.
Dr. Mojgan Behbakht of Short Hills Pediatrics, a Primary Care Partners Pediatrician located in Florham Park, NJ, would like to share a few tips and reminders for parents and families on how to keep your children well & healthy throughout the school year.
1. Remember to schedule an appointment for your child’s influenza vaccine, COVID-19 vaccines, and any other required vaccinations for school!
2. Continue to wash your hands and use sanitizer before eating lunch and snacks, touching your face, and after returning home from school or in between school activities.
3. Keep sick children at home and ensure they get plenty of rest, fluids, sleep, and foods rich in Vitamin C.
4. Keep children active, but safely.
5. Make sure your child is studying well and keeping up with their schoolwork.
6. Allow flexible downtime for your child to relax.
7. Allow time for children to be kids and play with their friends safely.
– Mojgan Behbakht, MD Short Hills Pediatrics – Primary Care Partners Affiliate
Check out Dr. Behbakht’s YouTube video to learn more about her experience as a pediatrician: Dr. Mojgan Behbakht – Find-A-Doc Video
Primary Care Partners would like to remind you and your family to stay well and healthy as we enter the colder months. With multiple Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrician’s in your local area, we welcome all families searching for a new provider! Find a local PCP provider today by visiting Find a Doctor | Atlantic Health System
Primary Care Partners, LLC, is a physician-owned and physician-governed group with strategic alliances with Atlantic Health System: Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center, and Goryeb Children’s Hospital. These medical centers serve as a valuable partner with Primary Care Partners and set high standards as a quality hospital system for patient care, with state-of-the- art facilities and a full range of medical specialties and services.
The PCP philosophy is to provide high quality health care, treat you with courtesy and respect, help you make informed decisions and live a healthier life. With more than 100 family medicine, internal medicine, and pediatric providers, at 41 locations throughout New Jersey, our board-certified primary care physicians stand ready to provide proper diagnoses, prescribe the treatment and help you get well in the shortest possible time. The physicians and office staff of Primary Care Partners are among the best in the region at providing high quality patient care, while creating a fabulous patient experience. This is our promise to you!
This article was done in partnership with PCP. We thank you for choosing Primary Care Partners, LLC and letting us take care of your family’s health care needs!