Who doesn’t love themed snack food? My kids went crazy for these Nutella filled heart shaped mini “pop tarts” to help celebrate Valentine’s Day.
These fun shaped treats are super easy to create, and the best part? There’s no actual measuring involved. Total Mom win!
HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
– Roll out your favorite pre made pie crust (I used Pillsbury) otherwise it will be too thick.
– Use a cookie cutter to create your favorite shapes – make sure you have an even amount!
– Fill with your favorites! I used Nutella, but any jelly or cinnamon and sugar would be great as well. Be sure to spread evenly.
– Put the “tops” on and pinch the edges together with a fork
– Brush with milk
– Pop them in the fridge for 10 mins so they hold their shape better *(optional)
– Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins, just keep an eye on them
– Let cool for 10 mins
– Top with Icing and sprinkles
FOR THE ICING:
Mix together powder sugar & a little bit of water (if you add too much water, add more powder sugar) until you get a smooth semi runny consistency.
You can also add some food coloring for added fun!